Last Reviewed: 25/07/2023
Next Review : 01/08/ 2024
Social Value Policy
Social value is integral to our business and is founded on our core values and principles. We are committed to meeting our wider responsibilities to build a better world, integrate diverse and rich communities and protect the interests of current and future generations. To meet the expectations that our people, customers and partners have of our business, our materials, products and services contribute to the wellbeing of our communities.
Poppy Design Studio & Marketing Limited is committed to engaging its people and managing its operations to drive customer value and generate social, economic and environmental benefits within the localities and communities that we serve.
All employees, suppliers and third parties are responsible for ensuring that this Policy is adhered to in accordance with our shared Values.
We are committed to contributing to a more sustainable society and to continually improve the positive impacts we make, not just in the work we do, but in people’s lives and the wider community. Our impact can be categorised in terms of three key areas:
- Work placement schemes for over 6 years in schools and colleges nationally via Speakers for Schools, Leicester College, Kingsthorpe School Northampton, Southfields school for girls in Kettering, Weavers Academy Wellingborough and Corby Technical college are the most recent.
- Reducing the disability employment gap. We are a registered member of the Disability Confident Committed scheme.
- Local school and college engaging with students on careers days and insight days.
- Providing career advice and mentoring to young people.
- Online support with Leicester College students during covid in 2020/21.
- Board/Trustee placement with Bedford College Services operating Tresham and Bedford Colleges.
- Student work experience and placement opportunities.
- Local jobs created and sustained.
- Training opportunities for our own staff and student work experience and work placements.
- Leading engagement on behalf of local businesses to local authorities.
- Engagement with North Northamptonshire Council Business Festival.
- Board/Trustee placement with Kettering Community Unit, charity based in Kettering enhancing the lives of 22,000 local people.
- Leadership of the North Northants Business Network.
- Leadership of the Kettering Business Network.
- Leadership position with the Kettering Town Centre Partnership.
- Policy Champion Simon Cox for the Federation of Small Businesses for Northamptonshire 2021 and 2022.
- Supporting start up businesses via online networks and face to face events.
- Promoting local businesses and proving local business support.
- Supporting COVID-19 economic recovery.
- Connecting young people with employment/experience opportunities.
- Reducing carbon footprint/pollution and improving air quality by reducing mileage via the whole team walking to work and using energy-efficient equipment.
- Decreasing congestion by walking to work.
- Participating and organising local litter picks.
- Minimising waste – We have moved to paper free office.
- Using environmentally friendly goods. Our printer suppliers are all FSC accredited, and we use recycled products such as recycled toilet paper.
- Saving energy and resources e.g., energy efficient lighting and equipment, saving water etc.
- We are working toward the Net Zero plan. Our marketing managing is hosting a webinar regarding this topic.
- Sustainability e.g. FSC Printing Supplier.
- Supporting local charities – Home start Kettering with a free website and graphic design as and when they need it. We are a board member of Kettering Community Unit.
- We encourage charities to engage with the businesses in the business networks to gain exposure and support.
- Helping local community groups in the business networks.
- Community engagement launching the Together Kettering Video.
- Supporting local culture and heritage through the Kettering Town Centre Partnership by becoming vice chair of the group and leading the group to make a difference.
- Hosting community events.
- Supporting charity events such as sleeping out for the homeless. We have raised over £5000 over the last 3 years for different charities.
- Helping communities recover post COVID-19.