07 Oct Promote Your Facebook Page
How to promote your Facebook Page
Poppy Design Studio often get asked for tips on how to promote your Facebook Page for your business. We do offer Social Management Packages but for those that want to try themselves first, here is a useful list of tips to help you get started.
- PROFILE IMAGE – Make sure your Facebook Profile Image is your logo and of good quality (PNG uploads best to Facebook)
- COVER IMAGE – Make sure that your branding follows on in the cover picture and that it is clear, good image quality and appealing to potential customers.
- OFFER – Create an offer. People love value for money. Creating an offer will attract more page likes and potential shares and new customers to your business.
- COMPETITION – Competitions via Facebook gain a lot of shares and new likes for pages. Remember when you create a competition, to include #competition in the post so that people who search for that hash tag will find yours. Also remember to follow Facebook guidelines which can change quite often about a competition, just google “Facebook competition guidelines “to find the latest rules from Facebook.
- FACEBOOK ADVERTISING – Facebook paid advertising can be used to gain exposure to your latest deals and events. Artwork on the post you want to promote must only contain 20% or less text overall to get approved so graphical images with straight to the point text is needed. To boost a single post, just click Boost post under each post that you wish to buy paid for advertising on.
Example: ( see the boost post button , bottom right)
- TARGET PAID ADVERTS – Target your ads more specifically to increase your hit rate. You can narrow your ads by Geographic location, Age, Sex, Interests, all of which will narrow your audience but should result in a cheaper Ad campaign with a higher interest rate.
- POST LENGTH – Keep your posts short, between 100 and 250 characters, if you make it too long, people won’t bother to read the whole post.
- HASHTAGS – Use Hashtags like #fitcamp to increase your readership.
- POSTS – Post frequently. With the rate of today’s updates on News Feeds, people often miss posts. Post as often as you can, but make sure it’s not just the same post over and over.
- POST QUESTIONS – Ask questions to engage with your audience. The more they engage with you, the more likely it is that their friends will join in.
- TIME TO POST – Post before or after normal work hours to increase the chance your post will be seen.
- MAKE YOUR POSTS LARGE – Try to post link posts like this: Delete the URL and type in your message it increases the size of your post and tends to increase click-through.
- LOCAL SELLING PAGES – Join local selling pages from your personal Facebook account. Double check they allow businesses to post on there and put together an advert for your business. Make it appealing that will make people want to like and share. REMEMBER TO INCLUDE A LINK TO YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE AS YOU WILL BE POSTING AS YOURSELF NOT YOUR BUSINESS. Examples of Local selling pages near Kettering are: ( you can find your local selling pages by typing in sale and then your location and you will find lots of groups/pages to join.
- POST VIDEOS – Videos are the way forward regarding engagement. People stop to watch video content and it’s a great way to get your business noticed. You can find companies to create videos from as little as £40 to create a 2 minute promo video. It is worth doing!
- One thing to remember is never buy likes! These are not quality likes, they can end you getting banned off Facebook and they are worthless.
Need more social media help? Do you need help to promote your Facebook Page? Poppy Design Studio offer monthly Social media management starting from £100 per month.CONTACT US NOW FOR SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT